A&B LEVEL CERTIFICATE REVISION
II. FIND THE MISTAKES (300 SENTENCES)
1. What is the higher mountain in the world?
a. What b. is c. higher d. in
2. I wish my mother gives me presents more often.
a. wish b. gives c. me d. more often
3. The teacher was pleasing with the result of your examination.
a. The b. was c. pleasing d. of
4. The little boy didn't know how lacing his shoes.
a. The little boy b. didn't c. how d. lacing
5. You are quite so thin that you can slip between the bars.
a. are b. quite so c. can slip d. between
6. To turnon the light, I was surprised at what I saw.
a. To turn b. on c. was d. at
7. I would ratherlive on a farm than to live in a city.
a. would rather b. live c. on d. to live
8. The school library is free and open forallthe pupils and teaching staff.
a. is b. and c. for d. all
9. Why don't you borrow books in the local lending library?
a. Why b. don't c. borrow d. in
10. He had to admit that there were something in what mother kept saying.
a. admit b. were c. what d. saying
11. The students suggested buyingflowers forthe teachers in the Teachers' Day.
a. The students b. buying c. for d. in
12. No one have solved such a difficult problem.
a. have b. solved c. such d. difficult
13. During their meat, they discussed what to do at the weekend.
a. During b. meat c. to do d. at
14. If you write the essay careful, you willget good mark.
a. If b. write c. careful d. will
15. Ordinary Americans are friendly and not afraid to show its feelings.
a. Ordinary b. are c. not d. its
16. The girl who were injured in the accident is now in hospital.
a. who b. were c. in d. is
17. Thank you very much of the present that you sent me.
a. very b. much c. of d. that
18. There wasn't some directory in the telephone box fromwhich I was phoning.
a. wasn't b. some c. the d. from
19. The man who I was waiting fordidn't turn up.
a. The man b. who c. was d. for
20. Women wearmake-up to beautifulthemselves.
a. wear b. make-up c. beautiful d. themselves
21. Mai and Lan have a row because they have misunderstood one another.
a. have b. because c. misunderstood d. one another
22. The workers are buildinga new bridge which is 150 meters in high.
a. building b. a new bridge c. which d. high
23. It's no use asking themkeep quiet.
a. no use b. asking c. them d. keep
24. This text is too long for me to read it.
a. is b. long c. to read d. it
25. I can't get used to doingso difficult exercises.
a. can't b. used c. doing d. so
26. My father doesn't know speak English.
a. My b. doesn't c. speak d. English